About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Bedtime routine

I need suggestions for a new bedtime routine. Not for me, for Aidan.

AFTER, I get him off the bottle and switch to whole milk (i know I know....15 months old and still has not done the switcharoo) I need to find a different routine. Now it is lights out, bath, bottle, bed. 99% of the time he goes to sleep, no problems. The bottle is the biggest part of that routine. He LOVES his nighttime bottle. He usually falls alseep drinking it. That has been the routine now for almost a year and now I have to switch it on him. Plus I hear I am suppose to brush his teeth after his milk before he goes to bed. So, are there any suggestions for how to do this? Before you say read books...he likes to sit and read his books by himself. He is not one to sit on my lap and read a book. Is all he does is closes the book. Its kinda funny, but not for bedtime. :)

What do/did you do for your nighttime routine at this age?

4 comments:

Chelle said...

I'll have to come back and look at the comments so I can file them away in "things to do" for our kiddo once he/she is here!

Sara said...

As hard as it may be...I'd just forget the milk bottle at night. The longer he has a bottle, the harder it is going to be to switch him to a sippy cup. You could give him a sippy cup of milk while you are reading and then brush teeth and go to bed.

It will probably be tough since he loves his bottle so much, but he will figure out the new routine..just be firm!! Call if you need to if he is crying too much. I know how you get..your face will be a river of tears as well!!

Lisa Renee said...

Cold turkey baby! I cut our kids off at 8 on all drinks. He may cry for the first several nights, but he will finally 'get it'! His teeth are more important than him getting his way.
Switch to those Nuby silicone sippers to transition to a sippy cup. Those worked well for Ty. Olivia however just made a mess with them and preferred the hard ones. Every kid is different so its hard to say what works for one kid will work for another. I am not the best person to ask about things like this and paci-fiers etc. because most people think I am kinda harsh but its not gonna kill him to take away a bottle and its not going to do psychological harm either. Just be tough!

Josh said...

Yes I still check these, every once in a while. I need to post again. Maybe this week. How was your Thanksgiving? Cute kid by they way.