About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving and catching up!

I know its been a long while since the last post. I have been waiting for some pictures and now that I have them I don't want to use them cuz they are great xmas presents, so I don't want any family members to see them yet. HA! But I will post some very soon of the family and Aidan.

Thanksgiving my brother and his wife and kids came down and stayed with me in the new house. It was fantastic. I loved playing hostess. Aidan still wakes up every morning saying "TJ Kayla" Those are his cousins. They are 7 and 8. Very fun kids and they played very well with Aidan. Of course he got on their nerves some, but he is two, what can you expect. It was so great to see my brother and to catch up and my brother was really interested in seeing my mom and spending time with them.

Brian, Allyson, Brett and I went to the Thanksgiving game while Granny and Grandad stayed home with the grandkids. That was fun and the weather was nice. My brother was like a little kid in a candy store seeing all of the cowboys fans. When we got home we found out that my dad fell in the backyard and hit a rock while playing outside with the kids. He had a black eye and it was red all over as well because he skinned it so bad. We felt horrible and he is not allowed to go outside anymore with the kids :)

We ate a lot food and just had some good family time. I was sad to see them go but can't wait until the next time we are all together again.

Aidan is doing good in school. It is hard to get him to want to leave there everyday, so I take that as a good sign. He pushes me out the door in the morning when I drop him off as well. So I think he might like it. He is funny.

Work is good. My new bosses all work on the east coast and everyone on my team works from home so I have been working from home more and more. It is nice to only have to get Aidan ready for school and I can stay in my sweats then come home and work. I still go into the office a lot but not everyday so it is nice.

Brett had a conference in Orlando this past weekend, so I went with him and did nothing. I layed out by the pool for 5 hours on Saturday and we went to two nice dinners. It was very nice to get away and mom and dad had a great time watching Aidan. My mom has the special touch with getting Aidan to go to bed on time. I am still working on that one.

Take care everyone.

M

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Sorry about your Dad, but it sounds like you had a great time! Glad it was mostly good!