About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aidan's birthday and our trip to Philly





Aidan's birthday was so fun. Aidan was so cute, he knew he was the man of honor and he had a great time. As you can see, I attempted to bake an Elmo cake. It was the ugliest cake I have seen by far. But it makes for good memories, so I had to post it. It actually tasted pretty good! HA. Aidan loved wearing his Elmo birthday hat and we had to keep him from popping himself with the elastic piece. He also loved when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He thought that was the best and clapped and yell "YAHHH" after we were done. It was the best.

My parents were there and my mom said it was a day she will never forget. We had a small get together at Brett's place and then went to the mall. Aidan rode the horrssse. It is his new word, so of course we have to ride the thing. He likes to go around and try to spot Brett and wave really big for the camera.

It really was a great day!





We went to Philadelpha last weekend to visit my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew. It was so much fun. We spent they day together in Atlantic City and Aidan experienced his first beach/ocean time. First time of many many more beach trips and also many more trips to come with the family. It was so much fun seeing the cousins together. TJ and Kayla thought Aidan was hilarious and Aidan thought they were just as entertaining. Aidan did great traveling. He does pretty well most of the time however on the flight back we were delayed THREE HOURS ON THE PLANE prior to take off and then another three hour flight. It was so crowded and so stressful. He was very difficult for us, but that is to be expected from an almost two year old sitting on our laps. It was tough but we survived and we had such a great trip! I called my parents every few hours to give them an update. They wanted to be there, but my mom was just not up for traveling. I brought her home some good pictures though.




4 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this update. Great pictures. I can't believe how big TJ and Kayla are. I remember when they were born. :-)

Your Elmo cake is the best ever! So awesome that you did that. I'm sure Brett had some purely British comments on your cake abilities?

Glad you had a good trip and that you've got these great memories.

Sara said...

What a cute little two year old boy!! I actually think your cake looks great!

3 hours on a plane sitting on the ground would have put me over the edge..sounds like you handled it well!!

Cara said...

Maria, Aidan is just precious! And he loved your cake. Just look at his face when he's looking at it. Glad you had a good trip and made it back safe and sound.

Amy McCown said...

I love the update. He and Layton are so similar in their love of planes and horses. I love the elmo cake. I am sure it tasted great and you will have many laughs about it in the future. He is a little cutie.