About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My sweet boy turns TWO!!!!!!

My sweet, funny, dancing, devilish, angel, handsome little man turns two on Saturday. We are having an ELMO party with my parents. YES, I am making a cake. Don't worry, I am sure Brett has Sprinkles cupcakes on speed dial for when he starts to smell the smoke from the oven. :)

So let me update you on my two year old. Some say his vocabulary is pretty advanced for his age. I am not so sure about that yet. We will wait and see what the doctor says, but he sure does say a lot without making any sense at all. He LOVES to introduce himself to people. If he says hi first, then he will happily carry on a conversation with you. But if I try to introduce him to someone or someone says hi to him first, he will go really really shy and will not speak. It is really funny.

He will do one of three things when you ask him to do something. If you say "Aidan can you go get your shoes?" He will:
1. Close his eyes. That means you can't see him anymore and hopefully you will just go away.
2. Say "No, no, no, no"
3. Lay down on his belly and pretend to sleep including snoring....aww shooo awww shoo.

Yep, Granny is convinced he will be a comedian. It is hard to discipline a little boy who makes you laugh all the time. He still is a pretty picky eater. Loves peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Boy after my own heart.

He loves his daddy and lights up when he seems him. Brett and Aidan have a very special relationship and I am so thankful for that.

He is just now starting to say "Mom?" with a question mark and I feel like even if he ask for a million dollars, if he add Mom? to it, I will have to find it some how for him.

Aidan can spot an airplane from miles away. "Airplane, Airplane" and will not stop until you find the airplane and say "yes airplane".

This is something I am not proud of and will soon invest in lots of Miami dolphin stuff for around the house, but Aidan will see a Dallas Cowboys star/jersey etc. and say "Football". I am working on that.

He still gives the best hugs and kisses. I try to steal a cuddle any time I can.

I will up date with pictures from the party and also pictures from the trip to Philly where the cousins were together. It was a special time.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! An update from Maria! I swear I check this blog every few days in hopes of finding some new tidbit. :-)

Happy b-day to Mr. A! Have a great day with your baby. Such a fun age. We had an Elmo b-day party for Zach's 2nd birthday too! (And I also made the cake!)

I love you sweet friend.

Kathryn said...

What a great update! So glad to hear everything is going great--good luck with a that birthday cake! Happy birthday to Aidan!

Sara said...

Looking forward to seeing pics of the party and more importantly your cake!!! I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Happy Birthday Aidoe!!

Cara said...

Good to hear from you, Maria. Sounds like Aidan is a great kid! We also had an elmo party for a second birthday. Have a great weekend with your family.