About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I cried at daycare!

Well the dreaded time has come and I am looking for a daycare for Aidan. We, in my household, call it preschool, because it is just so much easier to bare those words. I have known for a few months that the current babysitter will be going back to college and her schedule was not going to work for my work schedule, so I was tasked with finding Aidan a new place to go. Also, after reviewing my budget, it was clear, I was paying way too much for a nanny/babysitter.

Sidenote: I probably would have tried to figure something out with her schedule if I was not moving into a new house....YEAH ME! More later on the house stuff.

So, I made appts for Brett and I to visit a preschool that came highly recommended last week. So, we go in (without Aidan) and the director walks us around and we get to the room that Aidan would be in and the children are all sitting around a couple of tables eating their lunch that was prepared for them by the cafferia. My emotions just took the best of me, and I started to get teary eyed. Then we walked a little bit more and the director kept talking and it was all I could do to not burst out in tears boohooing. (Sara, the tears were streaming down my face). It was so funny, cuz I tried so hard to fight them and then I just decided to let loose so I could feel better. Brett explained my emotions to the lady and one of the teachers saw me crying through the window and brought me tissues. (I liked her). So, deedless to say, that was a hard day and we are not choosing that place.

The next day, we went to a montessori school. I walked in and no tears at all. Asked a lot of questions, felt so comfortable. Brett was there also and when we walked, I said "I LOVE that place" and he said "I HATE that place" and we both laughed because I thought he loved it and he thought i hated it. It was a priceless moment. But he talked to a good friend that sent her kids there and he now has another opinion about the school and he also said "I am fine with it because it didn't make you cry" I thought that was sweet.

So, Aidan goes in for an evaluation on tuesday morning. I hope it is nothing except for them to meet him and realize he is the best child ever and maybe they will pay me for him to go to school there. Okay, now I am going a little overboard, but I'm a mom.

We have another place to try tomorrow. A Child Develpment Center near my office. I will let everyone know if I cry or not.

Have a great night.

Oh P.S. Please keep remembering my mom in your prayers. She was starting to feel better and get her energy back, and last night she had a rough night and today she is not doing so great, so please don't stop praying and it is okay to tell God you don't like Cancer. I say it all the time.

Thank you!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I cried just because you cried, and then I cried for your mom. I'm trying to get ready for bed and you've got me sitting her bawling. Not fair.

Seriously, I am so sorry that this has to happen but just believe that God will put A in a great place and that He will watch over your precious boy while you are working. It will all work out in the end. And a side note, I've heard great things about Montessori schools in California and here in Washington too. I think they have a great reputation.

Cara said...

I love the line, "Brett explained my emotions to the lady". Made me smile. I know it's so hard to "let go" of our babies. Faith is the only thing we can cling to when we leave them in other's hands. Faith that he's being taken care of and faith that God is watching over him....and a lot of prayer!

Sara said...

Awww...my Maria...it is tough raising our babies and placing them in other's care during the day. You can do it and Aidan will do beautifully. I'll pray that you find just the right school that everyone is happy about and will produce no tears. Give your momma a hug from me!

Look forward to hearing about the house situation.

jennyc said...

Hey Maria -

What a rough week! I'm so sorry you're babysitter won't be available anymore. I had the same emotional reaction when I was looking at daycares for Colton 2 weeks ago. I'm sure the lady giving me a tour thought I was nutso! Anyways, we ended up putting Colton at the child development center at Richardson East. It's not the fanciest daycare but the people there were soooooo loving! He had his first day today. I can give you more info if you want - not sure if that would be convenient to where you're working and soon to be living? Congrats on the house. We will keep praying for you and your mom & dad!