About Me

Dallas, Texas
This blog seems to be easier to update than my website. So I created this one instead. Hopefully, I can keep it updated a little more. Aidan, my son, is almost a year old and I am thankful for him everyday, even when he doesn't obey me. He is a terrific little guy. He keeps me happy.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDAN!

Aidan is 1 years old today!!!!
(I was trying to stay awake until 12:54AM on the 16th so I can send this, but I can't keep my eyes open anymore:)
Am I supposed to be this excited about his birthday??? Cuz I am.

These are just a few of my favorite memories of Aidan’s first year.

He was so happy inside my belly, it took a huge utensil to get him out. :)
He stayed awake for about 6 hours after he was born, just looking around. He was taking it all in.
He wore Socks on his hands for about 2 months because I was too scared to cut his nails.
How he calms down in the car when you play Creed. For some reason my son has a crush on Scott Stapp. J
He cried a lot his first month and a half. But at 6 weeks he smiled for the first time and then barely cried after that. Smiling was just too much fun for him.
He slept with his arms above his head. Pictures are adorable.
He loved his car seat and would sit happily in there for a long time while we were out. It made life so easy. I see that doesn’t last long J
He laughs so loud when you tickle his legs.
He loves getting his picture taken.
When he says Ah – Da
He makes loud spitting noises. Cute for now, I am sure that won’t be so cute later.
Sitting in his excersaucer playing.
Lying on the floor kicking his piano. He can kick so hard.
He loves his baths. He didn’t like sponge baths when he was born because he would get too cold, but as soon as he could take a real bath, he was so happy and warm.
Sitting in the car in his car seat reading a book out loud. It is so sweet.
Sitting in his stroller walking the mall and smiling at everyone that walks by.
Doing his “where’s aidan” routine and us not knowing what he was doing. Finally figured it out and did that for weeks.
Plays peek a boo, but looks like he is saying Duh! You have to see it to understand. Again, so adorable.
The way he opens and closes a door. He can close the door in my face and it makes him laugh. Then makes me laugh.
As soon as he started to crawl, he started pulling himself up ON EVERYTHING.
Pulling himself up on my floor mirror and talking to himself in the mirror.
When you carry him he has to be facing forward. So weird.
He is very ticklish…everywhere.
His laugh is the most contagious laugh I have ever heard. His whole face lights up when he smiles and laughs and it just makes anybody feel good.
How he has two full tubs of toys, but is content pulling tissues out of the tissue box.
The way he closes his eyes when he cries his fake cry. It is so funny.


These are just a few. HA. But wanted to share them with everyone.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday, little Dude! I can't believe one year has already gone by!!!

Lisa Renee said...

Precious! Happy Birthday little guy! The pictures are adorable, looks like a very fun and special day. Its already going fast isn't it?! It just never slows down, how much they grow and change. He is a handsome boy and so blessed to have you as his mother. I enjoyed reading about him!

Amy McCown said...

I am glad that I found your blog. Happy Birthday Aiden. Can you believe a year has gone by. It seems like yesterday we were sitting in that child birthing class while that crazy lady was trying to get us to bounce on the birthing ball. Did I tell you that we are moving?

Amy Cox McCown

Chelle said...

You both are adorable!

Michelle (Craig) Discavage